Eco- & Climate-Friendly Holidays
at Hotel zur Post in Untertauern
Did you actually know that ...
- our hotel is completely energy-independent?
1983, our business has been supplied by energy from our own
hydroelectric plant, with the excess, clean energy we produce fed right
back into the public power supply, making yet another positive
contribution to our environment?
- since 2000, our
warm-water supply and heating at the "Post" and our outlying buildings
is mostly provided (partly electric) by a wood-chip heating system?
- the wood chips we need come 100% from our own forest and are obtained exclusively from damaged wood (storm, snow pressure, etc.) or weak wood from thinning measures?
- we obtain fresh-daily foods from our own farm and regional producers?
make a sustained contribution to climate protection so that our
beautiful homeland is preserved in this same form for future generations
Energy offensive in 2023
The year 2023 is all about GREEN ENERGY for us.
- In the course of the renovation of our stable roof, the installation of a PV system with an output of 91.2 kWp was built.
- In addition, 3 e-charging stations with 22 kw charging power each are now available to our guests (against fee).
- A heat pump for our guest house ensures a corresponding increase in efficiency compared to the previous heating system.
- The electrically heated areas in the main house will gradually be changed to infrared heating panels to contribute to energy savings here as well...
In summary: THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO TO GET BETTER!!!
You can enjoy your vacation with a clear conscience, without having to forego any of the creature comforts.
From the photo archive...